Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dice Collections


Dice collections, we've all got them. I've always tended to go with Chessex for my dice they have an amazing selection and quite a few that are easy to read from across the table. Chessex seems to have a good handle on the plastic mix and how to make amazing multi-colored dice. Some companies though, are doing a great job with etching in additional designs on the faces besides just the numbers. Q-Workshop in particular have done an amazing job pushing the envelope on design while still keeping the numbers legible, though there are a few types that are almost impossible to see the numbers until you concentrate, they're still cool to look at.

For a time I went through a period, while playing the game Seventh Sea original John Wick version, where my d10s never seemed to roll well unless I didn't touch them at all. I used a dice cup and rolled them into a tray, both were from Chessex. Eventually I outgrew my superstition and just sucked it up when I rolled a 1 on a d20. Come to think of it, I think I stopped using the dice cup with D&D 3.0. Must have been the fate witches in Seventh Sea that got my hackles raised.

Tomorrow's post is something I've been working on all week, hope you like it as much as I do. Have a great Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment