Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blister


Writers block, I couldn't think what I should write about this little guy so I figured I should just start rambling and maybe it would come to me. The nice thing about going at writers block this way is that you keep on typing and listening to the voices in your head and all of sudden you look back and realize you've written almost a paragraph. Block destroyed.

In the background I was going a bit for the look of a pool. The Dew Tour has an event called the Bowl and is basically a perfectly designed swimming pool for skating sans the water but with all of the waves and smooth curves. I've seen skaters tackle a pool before, since that's kind of how the sport took off,  but I don't think I've ever seen it as an event. The other events I've seen are the half-pipe, which was my favorite, and the one I think might be called freestyle that is built to look like a variety of outdoor elements like park benches, quarter pipes, hills and rails. It's not that I don't like that event, but it just feels like a bit of a mish mash to me. The air that some of the athletes are able to achieve on the half-pipe event is part of what keeps me watching. I can't believe that someone not only throws themselves 20-30 feet up in the air but then decides it's a good time to spin around do flips before getting both feet back on the board and landing back on the pipe and then having their momentum carry them through the curve and back up into the air again. It's like some kind of roller coaster without seat or rails, that's got to be a blast right?


No comments:

Post a Comment